Yes, there is such a thing as Facebook Consignment and it’s pretty amazing. Set up under business pages on Facebook you can shop their reasonably priced albums that are sorted by size, gender, and other categories. Filled with local consignors no longer needed items it is probably one of best places for you to shop for pre-loved items locally.
Facebook consignment is also online shopping at it’s finest, shopping online in the comfort of your own home. Shop at 3am or 3pm – you can even Stay in your Jammies. 😉 And because it’s local it’s keeping money made and money spent local which can help in this unfortunate economic downfall we are going through. (It might not pay our mortgage, but anything helps!)
How shopping Facebook Consignment works
- Shop at one of the Facebook consignment places you like (listed below)
- If you want to purchase an item type “please” in the comments of the photo. If you’re first to comment it’s yours. Feel free to claim seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths…..(you get the point)
- Facebook consignment generally runs on 2 week rotations so you will get your items at the end of the 2 weeks. Not everyone works on the same schedules so some consignment places may be on alternate weeks.
- You get your items by RSVPing to their ‘meets’ (there is an album for that) which occur through various locations in Edmonton, Beaumont, Leduc and others locations depending on who they have delivering their items. These meets are scheduled and are very time specific.
- The first time you see a big meet you will wonder why you didn’t know about Facebook Consignment shopping sooner..
- Delivery is available through Bargain Bus (yes there is a consignment delivery that works with most consignment businesses and it. is. AWESOME) or Canada Post.
Things to think about when shopping
- Unless an item is misrepresented everything is FINAL sale, but honestly you will find that most places are pretty spot on with descriptions and will specify any flaws.
- If the item doesn’t have a description, ask.
- Know your brands. (see some tips here)
Lot’s of places have opened up to accepting consignors right away. A good thing to keep in mind is that the more people that know about Facebook consignment, the more that shop it. The more people that shop there, the more items they need and the more consignors they will take. So what does that mean? Tell your friends about this too.
Local Facebook consignment in Edmonton + area
There are quite a few places to shop from locally, and this is a pretty good list.
Giggles N Grins
Gracie May Consignment
Gadgets & Garments Gallery
Trust the Fox
Coloured Bubble Kids
Do you have a favourite Facebook consignment shop? Is there one not listed? Tell me and I will add it to the list. Don’t have Facebook consignment where you live? Why not start your own..