Cinnamon sugar soft pretzel bites are the perfect bite size snack and also a yummy lunch box addition. They are easy to make and I guarantee that once you make them you will want to make them all the time. The best part is that they are made from pizza dough so no special recipes are required.
First thing you need to do is make the pizza dough. This is a family recipe that has been tweaked and perfected over the years. It’s also the pizza dough that I use when I make pizza pockets.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of dry active yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of sale
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cups of flour
- Mix the yeast in the warm water. Let it dissolve and bloom for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, salt, olive oil, flour (a little bit at a time)
- Once all mixed together knead the dough for about 2 minutes.
- Let dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Knead dough for 2 minutes
- Let sit for 10 minutes
If you are stopping here and just making pizza dough it can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours or you can wrap it well and place it in the freezer to use at another time. To defrost, simply pull it out of the freezer and let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
Ingredients needed for Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Bites
- Pot full of water
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425
- Add baking soda to pot of water and let boil
- Cut pizza dough into squares (about 2″ x 2″)
- Roll into balls
- Place in baking soda water for about 20 seconds
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush each soft pretzel with egg wash
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brow
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together
- Remove from oven and dip soft pretzel in butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar
Serve these soft pretzel bites on their own or with a sweet dip like a delicious cream cheese dip or caramel dip.