In May I was invited to attend the Cariwest Mas Band Launch which is a fun showcasing of the costumes that will be at Cariwest festival complete with music that had me chair dancing all night. That event was just a few hours of my night – think of what this whole weekend will bring? (In case you’re not sure – the answer is lots of fun)
Whats happening at Cariwest 2017 for families
- Join the Friday Extravaganza from11am-2pm and try some delicious Caribbean food from a variety of food trucks and vendors.
- From 7pm-10pm pick your favourite King and Queen costume as they are displayed in a competition plus get a preview of what some of the parade costumes will look like, enjoy live entertainment, and Caribbean food
- Starting at 12 pm see the amazing costumes at the Great Parade, which will start on 108 street and 100 Ave, head east on Jasper Avenue, then north on 100 Street ending at Churchill Square.
- After the parade check out the Caribbean Village which will fully immerse you in food, live performances, places to shop and more. The Village is open until 11 pm.
- The Caribbean Village is open 12pm-11pm and you’re invited to come enjoy a game of cards or dominoes, enjoy live music, watch the live steel band performance, dancing performances and more.
- The Kidzone will be open 12pm-4pm with plenty of Caribbean inspired kid-friendly activities.
Have you been to Cariwest before? What is your favourite thing about this amazing festival?
Cariwest is taking place downtown at Churchill Square which is located at 1 Winston Churchill Blvd. For more details check out the Cariwest Facebook Page or their website here.