While Kris and I will be planning a lot of things to do as a family, there are also some things that we will be doing without the kids.
Going to Pembina River Tubing is one of them.
(It is recommended that children be at least 5 years of age and that ALL children 12 and under are supervised by a responsible adult)
Pembina River Tubing is located a little over an hour West of Edmonton. Detailed directions to the location can be found here. All you need to do is get yourself there and they provide a shuttle to the tubing starting point, tubes, life jackets, and offer various stop off points where you can grab a ride back!
You have the option to pay for the whole shebang (tube, shuttle, & life jacket) or you can bring your own tube/life jacket and just pay for the shuttle! You can also pay $5 for them to keep your car keys for you!
>>> Prices for everything can be found here <<<
What to bring?
- Shoes that you can wear in the water. (bring something to attach your shoes to the tube if you are wearing flip flops)
- Sun Glasses
- Beverages (Liquor is prohibited as it is a public place)
- A picnic lunch
- Sometimes the water is not optimal for tubing – calling ahead doesn’t hurt and then it’s not a wasted trip. 780.515.1754
- Plan to go early! From now until September it is on a first come first serve basis during the weekends. IT GETS BUSY!!
- During the week you can make reservations – especially for large groups.