I am truly blessed to have 2 brother in laws that work in the vehicle industry. Selling and fixing – I have the best of both worlds.
Both Kris and I are in the market for newer vehicles
(we never buy brand new – the knowledge of how much a vehicle depreciates after driving off the lot makes me sick to my stomach) If you’re looking at buying a caravan or motorhome, I recommend visiting a finance website like www.autofinanceonline.co.uk/motorhome-finance to help you out and give you great advice.
I’ve said it before and will say it again. I love my my minivan! And would happily purchase another one but I am always open to suggestions. We have been doing a ton of research and the reality is – no matter how much you Google and how much you ask questions there is always going to be lovers and haters of each and every brand and model of vehicle.
Thedefinite “no’s” after this weekend
Ford Flex- It looks like ahearse. This almost made the potentials but I just can’t do it
Ford Explorer- The 3rd row is like sitting in a trunk. I think even the 2nd row would be uncomfortable
Dodge Journey – Towing capacity sucks
The potentials after this weekend
Chrysler Town & Country
Toyota Sienna, we did actually see some pretty cool RV’s too, but then we’d also need to buy an RV battery.
Here are my “must haves”
- Must have at-least 3000 lbs tow capacity- but the more the better
- The ability to fang dangle5 car seatsif needed, so athird row forsure!
- DVD – I declined the first time and have regretted it ever since.
- Side mirrors that can be controlled from inside. We didn’t even think of this the first time and realized it too late. Might seem like a non issue but when there is over a foot difference of height between 2 drivers, it gets mighty annoying mighty quick. Especially in the cold winters!
- Front wheel drive or All wheel drive. I am good with either but I refuse rear wheel drive.
- Decent fuel economy. I get it nothing bigger (or anything) it going to cost $20 to fill up and last a whole trip from Edmonton to Vancouver – but I, like every money saving momma out there, want a good deal.
- Middle row windows MUST ROLL DOWN.
- Car Starter – This is an easy put in but its a must have for me.
- For any minivan the side doors must open with a button on the key fob. This is more of a wish but I been on one side and experienced this side. A trunk like this too would be ideal. I also want some good quality rv flooring as it can get pretty beaten up.
Other nice to haves but not required are
- Back up camera
- Heated seats
- Heated side mirrors
We shall see what this coming week brings us because I am sure that there are going to be some other potential contenders and some others movingover to the no list. Either way this is a tiringendeavour.
What about you?
What are “must haves” for a vehicle?