Customer appreciation day
On the first Tuesday of the month we go grocery shopping for the bulk of our groceries to use over the next month. Meat, pasta, frozen items, enough ketchup to last an apocalypse – you know the basics! Our goal is to keep our grocery budget to no more than $650 for our family of 5 for the WHOLE month. Yes, sometimes it is a struggle to stick to this amount but shopping on customer appreciation day definitely helps.
What do you save on customer appreciation day?
Tips for shopping on customer appreciation day!
- Pick the recipes/meals that you plan to make during the month and make a meal plan.
- See what ingredients you have in the pantry and cupboards and make a grocery list from there.
- Are there any special occasions or get togethers that you are attending this month where you want to bring something?
- Any birthdays during the month? Pick up birthday cards too!
- Some of the stores allow you to use coupons, give your store a call before customer appreciation day to find out for sure.
- Buy fresh vegetables to last for the next week or so, any other fruit and vegetables that you buy should be frozen.
When we do this big monthly grocery shop we generally spend around $350-400. We buy our milk, eggs, fresh fruit & veggies every week along with any other items that we run out of. It does take a lot of planning but like I said it can be done.
What about you? What tips do you have for saving money on groceries every month.
[yikes-mailchimp form=”2″ submit=”Submit”]