This year if you’re planning to do some Alberta Parks Camping reservations will be open for the whole year for group camping and comfort camping. The 90 days ahead of time will still apply to regular campsite booking! So start planning your dates and keep these tips in mind!
Alberta Parks Camping: 7 things to know about registration
1. If you are booking online and if you haven’t already, make sure you have an account created with Alberta Parks. If you do have one make sure you are logged in when making your reservations, You can create an account here.
2. Make sure you have a credit card! Visa, Mastercard & American Express are the only ways to reserve a campsite. (Visa debit didn’t work for me last year.)
3. If you are planning to call in your booking the number is 1-866-427-3582. Call right at 9:00 am
4. Group campsite registration opens up on February 6th at 9:00 am and only one site can be reserved per transaction!
5. Comfort camping registration opens up on February 13th at 9:00 am and only 4 reservations can be made in one transaction. (With only 27 units available to be booked, these go FAST so set your alarms)
6. Regular campsites registration opens up on February 21st at 9:00 am. A maximum of 4 campsites can be reserved per transaction.
7. For the risk takers or the last minute planners, there are several campsites that are first come first served.
8. If you are interested in backcountry camping you will need to call to make reservations.
*Tip* Most people plan to leave to go camping on Fridays if you live close enough to one of these campsites it might be best to go on a Thursday night and set up your tent. Even better take off the Friday and start your camping early!
We’ve got an annual mom’s group camping trip, one with Kris’s siblings, and a few weekends to plan to go with the kids! Where will you be going?