Harry Potter mania is going to be hitting Edmonton next month at the Festival of Witchcraft and Wizardry event on Friday, October 13th.
Due to the overwhelming response, these are some things that you need to know!
First things first the tickets go on sale tonight at 9:45 and tickets will be sold individually, not bundled like originally planned. This means that you will have to pre-order your Buttery Beer & Pumpkin juice too!
You will need a credit card to order tickets
The event will be taking place at Wilbert Mcintyre Park (8303 104 St NW) and surrounding areas
This is a family friendly event, and kids of all ages are welcome to attend the movies. Adult supervision is required
There is no cost to come and wander the market of local vendors, watch Quidditch practice, participate in Harry Potter yoga, or just simply come dressed as your favourite character and enjoy the whole festival atmosphere.
Local food trucks will also be making English style eats like fish and chips and steak and kidney pie. Gluten-free and Vegan options are still TBS.
Ticket prices and details of events are as follows:
- Train Ride $25 – 3:00, 3:40, 6:15 and 6:55 departures (Return trip leaving from Edmonton Streetcar platform behind Arts Barns, lasts 35 minutes, children under 12 require adult chaperone who must also have a ticket, children 2 and under may ride without a ticket (ie. free) on lap of an adult who also has a ticket. Children 3 and up require a ticket)
- Photo Booth $20 – Open from 4:00-6:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 pm (Wilbert McIntyre Gazebo (AKA Headmaster’s Office) includes professional photograph for up to four people in decorated booth with pet phoenix, high resolution image emailed instantly to your inbox and high quality print provided before you leave the booth)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone $15 – 3:50 start (Princess Theatre, Rated PG, duration 2 hrs 39 mins.)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them $15 – 9:00 start (Princess Theatre, Rated PG, duration 2 hrs 13 mins.)
- Divination Class $10 – 5:00 and 8:00 start (Performing Arts Centre, duration 30 minutes)
- Potions Class $10 – 6:00 and 7:00 start (Performing Arts Centre, duration 30 minutes, includes selfie station)
- Buttery Beer $5 – Served from 3:00 – 9:00 (Light Horse Park, pre-purchase only, served cold, locally made from scratch using all natural ingredients including real butter and cane sugar, contains no gluten, prepared in a nut-free facility, does contain dairy, contains no actual beer)
- Pumpkin Juice $5 – Served from 3:00 – 9:00 (Light Horse Park, pre-purchase only, served warm, locally brewed using real pumpkin, autumn spices and fruit juices, topped with your choice of whipped cream or non-dairy topping, contains no gluten and no dairy (except optional whipped cream topping), prepared in a nut-free facility, contains no eye of newt.
If you’re a Harry Potter fan you’re definitely going to want to attend this event! The link will be released on the Facebook event page tonight at 9:45 pm.
Follow the Facebook event page here
And with that, we’ll see you at the Platform Nine and Three-Quarters