If you haven’t heard the news already, I am so excited to be doing the CBC Summer Food Column every second week all summer. The first segment aired on June 28th and the topic was easy breakfasts which included breakfast popsicles! You can listen here.
Make These Breakfast Popsicles
My kids love the idea of popsicles for breakfasts which is pretty awesome because they can actually be made to be pretty darn healthy.
For the first breakfast popsicles recipes, I used these Silicone Popsicle Molds that I purchased off Amazon because it also came with popsicle bags as well as popsicle sticks as well as a collapsible funnel. This made it super easy to make the popsicles and then store them in the freezer!
Breakfast Popsicles Version 1
Ingredients & Items
- 2 1/2 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup of Strawberries
- 1 cup Banana
- Silicone popsicle moulds (see above)
- Use 1/2 cup of strawberries and cut up into small little piece and set aside
- Add the rest of the strawberries, banana and greek yogurt to the blender and blend together for about 30 seconds
- After it’s all blended you can pour the mixture into the silicone moulds while adding the pieces of strawberry evenly to each of the moulds
- When it’s filled add the popsicle sticks and place in the freezer for at least 6 hour
- Once the breakfast popsicles are ready you can take out and store in the plastic bags that came with the kit above
**The cut up strawberries are to give texture to the breakfast popsicles, if you do not want to do this you can skip the step and just add all of the ingredients to the blender
You can make these breakfast popsicles with so many variations – try adding some melted dark chocolate to make it more like a fudgesicle, different fruits like pineapple, blueberry, mango, and even granola or other cereals too! That the best thing about breakfast popsicles, they can be made customized to what you (or your kids) like!
Breakfast Popsicles Version 2
Ingredients & Items
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 6 Bananas
- 1/2 bar of Dark Chocolate
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Plastic wrap
- A baking sheet covered with wax paper
- Cut the bananas in half and place the popsicle sticks in the bananas
- Wrap the bananas and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour
- Take out of the freezer and dip in Vanilla Greek Yogurt (you might have to use a spoon to ensure that all parts are covered)
- Place the dipped bananas on the baking tray
- Melt Dark Chocolate (I melt in the microwave taking out every 20 seconds to stir until it’s ready, alternatively you can also use the double boiling method)
- Use a spoon to drizzle the dark chocolate over the yogurt covered bananas
- Put in the freezer for 2-3 hours
- Once ready you can wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe bag or enjoy right away
I see a summer full of breakfast popsicles for us, what about you?
This post contains Amazon affiliates