If you enjoy hitting the slopes with your family, SnowPass is an affordable option that gives kids in grades 4 & 5 access to 3 Edmonton Ski Hills (and many more!) for just $29.99!
SnowPass Gives You Access To 3 Edmonton Ski Hills
When you purchase a SnowPass it is valid for two seasons for kids in grade 4 and 1 season for kids in grade 5 giving you access to ski or snowboard 2 times at each of the 125+ ski areas across Canada. Even better, there are 3 right here in Edmonton which are:
- Sunridge Ski Area (10980 17 Street Northwest, Edmonton(
- Rabbit Hill Snow Resort (25512-twp road 510 A, Leduc County)
- Snow Valley Ski Club (13204 Rainbow Valley Road, Edmonton)
Other hills also include Whistler Blackcomb, Lake Louise, Blue Mountain, Mont Tremblant, and more!
Other Important Details
- There are some blackout dates when the SnowPass can not be used which include December 27-29, 2019 and Family Day, February 17, 2020. Other ski hills may also have additional blackout dates.
- Many of the ski hills also require an adult to be on-site or to be accompanied by a paying adult and the SnowPass can not be combined with any other programs such as school trips.
- While accessing ski hills as part of this program lessons and/or rentals are not included.
To learn more about blackout dates, and what the rules are for each location you can visit this Where To Use It page.
How To Apply
Getting your SnowPass is easy and can be completed online via the Ski Canada website or
You will need to fill out some basic information, as well as provide proof of grade/age (report card, or birth certificate) as well as a head and shoulders photo of your child for their SnowPass Card.
Applications take approximately 5-10 days to be approved and you will receive your card in the mail. If you have already purchased a SnowPass but need a replacement card, they can also be purchased for $25/each.
Regardless of if you are a seasoned snow bunny or are just looking at trying out skiing or snowboarding for the first time, a SnowPass is an affordable option for your kids that pays for itself after the first use. To learn more about this awesome program you can visit www.skicanada.org/grade-4-5-snowpass/