Wondering what family-friendly activities around Edmonton are available during the winter? Here’s a great list to get you out of the house and enjoying some time with the family!
Family-Friendly Activities Around Edmonton To Check Out This Winter
- Edmonton Green Shack programs in your community – running all winter long!
- Enjoy wagon rides, ice sculptures, games and more at All Is Bright On 124 on November 16th
- Check out these awesome Family-Friendly Toboggan Hills around Edmonton.
- Go skating for FREE at one of these indoor rinks!
- Get your tickets to see Disney on Ice, Mickeys Search Park Nov 20th-24th
- Enjoy free family activities: crafts, games, bouncy castle and more at the Jamie Platz YMCA Play Day Nov 16th
- Get your craft on with MAKE Break & Kids Club events at Michaels
- Check out new places to explore with the Edmonton Winter Fun Map
- Experience Snow tube rides at Sunridge, $27 includes a helmet, tube, and 2 hours of unlimited tube rides!
- Skate these Outdoor Rinks and Ice Ways
- Make your own newly constructed project at a Home Depot Kids Build taking place on the 2nd Saturday of the month, each month
- Plan a weekend trip to Calgary for the 2019 Grey Cup Activities Nov 20th-24th
- Get your face painted in front of Mayfield Toyota Ice Palace at West Edmonton Mall on Fridays 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- Catch a $2.99 movie at the Cineplex Family Favourites
- Check out the over 75 free drop-in programs for little kids around Edmonton
- Purchase a Mammoth Pass for the family (just $70) and check out the cool exhibits at the Royal Alberta Museum
- Visit the 100 Street Funicular
- Enter a world of Mermaid magic with storytimes, songs and dances every Wednesday, 10 am-12 pm at West Edmonton Mall!
- Participate in fun activities at the Alberta Legislatures Thursdays to be Discovered
- When the snow falls make your own Cabane à Sucre (maple syrup taffy candy)
- Check out the Edmonton Aviation Museum for FREE on the last Thursday of the month!
- Experience many fun & free winter activities such as sleigh rides, snow sculpture and the family fun zone at the Silver Skate Festival Feb 7th-17th
- Get free admission to the Art Gallery of Alberta as part of the All Access Evening every Thursday from 5 pm–8 pm
- Explore CURIOUS City for Free on TD Family Fun Nights
- Save a little bit of $$ and burn off some energy at these Indoor Playgrounds that offer discounts
- Visit the Petting Zoo at West Edmonton Mall every Sunday at 12 pm-6 pm
- Check out the Ice & Snow Kingdom and many other activities at the Deep Freeze Festival January 11th & 12th
What are some of your favourite family-friendly activities around Edmonton during the winter months?