If there was ever something that parents have anticipated more as of recently is the reopening of Edmonton playgrounds and other recreation spaces!
Edmonton Playgrounds & Outdoor Spaces Opening
Starting on May 22nd Edmonton playgrounds, skateparks, tennis, pickleball, volleyball and basketball courts, disc golf, outdoor fitness parks and athletic tracks will start reopening.
What You Need To Know
While these spaces are reopening there are still guidelines that you will need to follow. This includes:
- Users should use local playgrounds in their neighbourhoods and sanitize their hands before and after use.
- Singles’ activities in tennis or pickleball courts require users to maintain 2 metres of physical distance.
- Tennis or pickleball doubles are allowed, provided it is with members of the same household or family cohort.
- Equipment should only be shared by members of the same household or their family cohort.
- Games on basketball and volleyball courts will only be permitted if they are with members of the same household or family cohort. These spaces are also open for casual use, for example, shooting a ball.
- Picnic site bookings have been cancelled through June 14, 2020 but are available for casual use by groups of 50 people or fewer. A determination of picnic site booking requests beyond June 14 are under review,
For more details on Edmonton playgrounds and other outdoor spaces opening visit edmonton.ca