Last week I hosted the craft for Box Social event planning at Bonnie Doon Shopping Center. To say that I love doing this is an understatement. The best part is that I get to meet and socialize with some of the wonderful people that read Just another Edmonton mommy
One of the things that we made was a Candy Cane Garden. They are fun and easy to make and are one of those things that creates that element of magic during the holiday season.
Supplies needed for Candy Cane Garden
- A place to plant your garden. For the sake of a large group I used brown lunch bags and had the children decorate them with stickers and drawings.
- Fake snow – I bought mine at Michaels and used a 40% off coupon.
- Candy cane seeds – I used round mints that I purchased from Dollarama.
- Candy cane fertilizer – I purchased these adorable candy cane shaped sprinkles from the Bulk Barn.
- Candy canes to switch with the seeds for the kids to wake up to in the morning.
Creating the Candy Cane Garden
- Put scoops of snow in whatever you are using to ‘plant’ your candy cane garden.
- Plant the candy cane seeds
- Sprinkle the magic candy cane fertilizer over the seeds and snow
**When the child goes to bed** – Switch out the seeds for candy canes.
This is the second year that we have made Candy Cane Gardens and the kids love them!! It’s also a great thing to use with your elf on a shelf.
What about you? Do you have a favourite craft to do during the Christmas season?