A great way to gather inspiration for meals is to shop at your local Farmers Market. Lucky for us, the Miller Crossing Farmers Market is just a few short blocks away.
Having 3 kids it’s important that we have meals that are tasty and kid approved but also don’t require a whole day to prepare. Using pasture raised chicken drumsticks and fresh veggies, this meal was on the table in a little over an hour.
Roasted Chicken Drumsticks in Concord Grape Sauce + Sauteed Veggies
- 4 Pasture-raised Chicken Drumsticks (Fair Sun Farm)
- 1 cup Concord Grapes (Monty Orchards)
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ White Onion diced (Monty Orchards)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Red Peppers cut into skinny long pieces (Monty Orchards)
- 5 Carrots, cut lengthwise and into quarters (Monty Orchards)
- Turn oven on to 375°
- Spread olive oil on baking pan and place chicken drumsticks on pan
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary
- Cook chicken for ½ hour and then turn and cook for another ½ hour
- Put concord grapes into a blender and puree. Add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar into the container stir and put to the side
- Oil sauce pan and sauté diced onion on medium heat covered for 10 minutes, add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minute
- Add grape mix into the saucepan with onion and garlic and cook until reduced a ¼
- Put to the side until chicken is ready
- Peel and cut carrots lengthwise and place in sauce,
- Cut red peppers into skinny pieces lengthwise, add in with the carrots and sauté desired tenderness
Find your inspiration at the Miller Crossing Farmers Market every Sunday 11am-3pm at 14339-50St inside the Royal Canadian Kingsway Legion.
This post has been sponsored by the Miller Crossing Farmers Market, however; all content, opinions and the recipe are my own.