We grabbed some Zucchini, tomatoes, and freshly baked garlic bread from the Miller Crossing Farmers’ Market this past weekend and created something delicious.
Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Salad on a Garlic Bread Crostini
This appetizer is easy, quick and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. Grab your ingredients and get ready to make something yummy!
- 1 tablespoon Honey (Col Lee Gourmet Flavoured Honey’s)
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic Bread (Dovgans Homemade Ukrainian Food and Baking)
- 2 med Tomatoes (Monty Orchards)
- 1 med Zucchini (Monty Orchards)
Make the Grilled Zucchini and Tomato Salad on a Garlic Bread Crostini
- Put oven on to broil
- Mix Honey, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt together, mix and set to side
- Cut 4 slices of Garlic Bread, place in oven to broil until crisp, remove from oven
- Thinly slice your Zucchini and place in oven for about 1 minute to toast
- Place Garlic Bread on a plate, put tomato and zucchini on plate alternating between the 2 and spoon on the dressing
- Garnish with salt and pepper if desired
This is best served as a side or even as a light meal option but really it’s good any time because who can beat fresh food from the Farmers Marker?
This recipe has been brought to you by Just Another Edmonton Mommy and Miller Crossing Farmer’s Market. All recipes and opinions are my own.
Howdo! Thank u for a very fresh idea. I am wondering why i have never though of this as well. I will definately try to use your blog for getting some more fresh info! Thanks! BR, Aron