When we go camping we try to make our breakfasts as easy as possible, and this breakfast casserole is one of our favourites.
Made with some basic ingredients it’s perfect to make for a large group or cut the recipe in half and make it for our family of 5! Best of all it’s so easy to make.
How To Make Breakfast Casserole
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 – 9 x 13 pan
- Butter to grease the pan
- 12 – Eggs
- 1/4 – Cup of milk
- 4 – Cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 – Pack of breakfast sausage
- 1 – Bag of diced hashbrowns
- 1/2 – Diced Red Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 – Cup of sliced olives (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Tinfoil to cover the pan
- Put oven at 325° (if you’re cooking it in your oven)
- Grease the pan with butter
- Cook breakfast sausage and cut it up
- Beat the eggs and milk together in one bowl and season with the desired amount of salt and pepper
- Mix the sausage, hashbrowns, 2 cups of shredded cheese, olives and red pepper in a separate bowl and spread it in the pan
- Cover with egg mixture and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top
- Cover with tin foil and let it cook until the eggs are set
You can cook this breakfast casserole over the campfire, camp stove, or in your trailer oven – we’ve done it every way. Cooking time ranges from 20-30 minutes depending on how long it takes for the eggs to cook.
Serve with your favourite sides and dips – we love ketchup, HP sauce, and salsa!
What are some of your favourite breakfasts to have while camping?