Worms in Dirt, this normally wouldn’t be all that appetizing, however, when it comes to the popular kid’s dessert it’s definitely something that my kids can not resist. I am sure the same goes for many…
Easy to make and kid approved, I can’t believe I didn’t think to make this dessert at home sooner.
Worms In Dirt Recipe
You will only need a few basic ingredients which can be found at your grocery store or even Bulk Barn.
- 2 boxes of Chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups Oreo Cookie Crumbs/Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- 12 Gummy Worms
Assembling the Worms in Dirt is easy. Once you have made the chocolate pudding as per the box instructions you can start.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of chocolate pudding and 1/2 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs for each dessert.
- Begin with pudding at the bottom of the cup/bowl and then start making layers alternating between pudding and cookie crumbs making sure that the cookie crumbs are the last layer to create the dirt
- Halfway through, put a gummy worm in the middle to make a surprise hidden worm
- Before adding the last layer of cookie crumbs, put 2 of the gummy worms in the cup and put the cookie crumbs over top to make it look like the worms are crawling out of the cup
Serve right away or chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before. This is a perfect alternative to cake for birthdays and works well served in clear plastic cups. However you make it, kids will love it.
[…] Worms in Dirt – Grab some chocolate pudding, crushed up cookies, and some candy worms and you’ve got yourself a fun and easy dessert! […]